Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) training is a technique that combines low-intensity exercise with blood flow occlusion utilizing an FDA approved medical tourniquet
BFR allows individuals to train with low loads and high repetitions, yet achieve similar results to high-intensity, high load training. Depending on the goal, the cuff is inflated to a specific pressure with the aim of obtaining partial arterial and complete venous occlusion.
The SmartCuffs Pro is an advanced BFR computerized unit that can easily calculate your individualized limb occlusion pressure utilizing a built-in pressure sensor. The advanced system can autoregulate the pressure to maintain a consistent LOP throughout movement and exercise.
Benefits of BFR:
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Maintaining muscular size following surgery or injury
- Release of hormones like Growth Hormone and Insulin Growth Factor
- Increasing muscular size
Blood Flow Restriction In-Action
Using BFR for Post-ACL-R Rehab
Who can utilize BFR?
BFR is safe and effective
BFR training and rehabilitation is commonly used for individuals and athletes for training purposes, who have experienced injuries or are recovering from surgery such as:
- Muscular strain (eg. Hamstring Strain or Rotator Cuff Strain)
- Ligament/Joint injury (eg. ACL or Meniscus injury)
- Pre/Post-Surgical (eg. ACL-R or Knee Arthroscopy)
- Building Muscular Endurance
- Muscle Hypertrophy